Quite often, users experience various problems when working with the Google Play application online store. In 99% of cases, the device itself is to blame, much less often the user himself. Be that as it may, you can fix almost any problem that occurs with the Play Market.
Today I want to talk about the 403 error that occurs. When downloading or updating the application, you can get the following message: “The application could not be updated due to error 403”. Is there a solution? Yes.
- The first possible option is a communication problem. Suppose you use the mobile Internet to update the application, but at this point a communication break occurs, resulting in a 403 error popping up. It is recommended to find a stable access point and try to update the application directly using it.
- Be sure to update all Google apps if they have updates. Believe me, this minute procedure can help you solve the problem in a couple of minutes..
- Perhaps the problem is the lack of space on your device. See how much memory you have left. It often happens that free memory does not remain on the device itself, but on the memory card. Since the application is installed on the device, this may lead to an error. Therefore, you need to clear the memory, for example, by transferring applications to the memory card. Some devices support this function, but the second – no, so you need to use a special application. Which of them is suitable for your device, you can find out on the well-known forum w3bsit3-dns.com.
- As an option – a failure in the synchronization of your Google account. By default, it is turned on, so go to “Settings”, find an account, turn off synchronization and reboot the device. After the reboot, we again go to “Settings”, only this time we turn on synchronization. We don’t go to the Play Market yet. In the menu, look for the section with applications, find the Google Play Market there and clear the cache using the button of the same name. Only after that you can go to the Play Market and try to see if applications are downloading..
- It is believed that the creation of a new account may help with this disaster. Like it or not, we don’t know, but you can try. To do this, first you need to log out of your account, and then create a new one and try using it to install the application.
- In extreme cases, you can try to reset all parameters on the device. This will also remove all installed applications. In other words, you will receive a completely new device, as it was when buying. Before resetting, you can configure archiving so as not to lose data and installed applications.
Error 403 in the Play Market in Crimea
Recently it became known that the Play Market began to issue a 403 error for residents of the Crimea. As it turns out, this is due to sanctions for residents of the peninsula that were introduced by the United States. Now, when a user, while in the Crimea, is trying to download or update an application on his smartphone or tablet, he receives an error 403.
The issue is being resolved using an application that supports a VPN connection. It will allow you to connect to the Play Market using an IP address located somewhere in Germany, Japan, England, etc..
First of all, you need to find one of these applications. Frankly, there are a huge number of them. We will show an example based on Hideman.
You can download programs for a VPN connection on the same forum w3bsit3-dns.com – almost all of them are free, so there should not be a problem with downloading. Well, with the Play Market, of course, you can’t download them yet.
Download the .apk file and install it on the device (just run it through the file manager). Connect to the network. Run the application.
Right on the home page you will see the country of connection (it is automatically selected). If for some reason this does not suit you, you can choose another state.
If all is well, then click the large “Connect” button. The application tells you that you grant it permission to intercept network traffic. If this suits you, check the box next to “I trust this application” and click “Yes”.
Launch the Play Market and try downloading the app. Everything should work out.
The application allows you to use a VPN connection for several hours in a row. Of course, before each entrance to Google Play, you must run the application. You can even use it just to go online if you need it.
We hope you succeed.