iPhone has traditionally been considered one of the safest devices. This applies to both the iOS operating system and cases when the device is lost or stolen – the smartphone can be blocked remotely and the attacker will not do anything with it.
The device locks even if the owner incorrectly enters the password, but not immediately. The intervals are as follows:
iPhone does not lock if you enter your password incorrectly 5 times in a row.
- iPhone locks up for one minute after you enter your password incorrectly 6 times in a row.
- After 7 consecutive times – for 5 minutes.
- After 8 consecutive times – for 15 minutes.
- After 9 consecutive times – for 60 minutes.
- After 10 consecutive times, the iPhone locks completely, after which it must be connected to a computer (iTunes).
If you have synchronized your device with iTunes on your computer at least once, the password may be reset by restoring the backup. True, you can find many sad stories on the network in which users complain that the password cannot be reset even if the iPhone was synchronized with iTunes. Apparently, it depends on the firmware version..
By the way, in the settings there is an item with which you can configure the deletion of all data from the device after 10 incorrect password attempts.
In general, friends, never forget the password from your iPhone, otherwise you may have problems. Please note that the data regarding the number of attempts may change due to changes in new firmware versions.